Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

CHRISTmas Cheer


There is only one week til Christmas my friends, only one weekend left to shop and make gifts for friends. So I thought it would be fitting to post some of my favorite things at Christmas time.

1. The smell of the fresh air outside on Christmas Eve, something about Christmas Eve that is very calming and fresh.

2. The excitement of gathering gifts for friends and family.

3. Sending and receiving Christmas cards.

4. Baking cookies in the shape of stars and angels.

5. Finding the most beautiful wrapping paper and bows.

6. Decorating the tree with Christmas music playing.

7. Finding old ornaments of Christmas' past and remembering what they meant.

8. Christmas choirs singing with dim lights and candles.

9. Hot peppermint mocha's and hot chocolate for Mikey.

10. Mikey surprising me every year with a beautiful piece of jewelry.

11. My brother and sister giving me gifts they made.

12. Eating the Christmas ham my mom makes.

13. Waking up on Christmas morning and feeling like I did when I was little.

14. The lights on the tree making the ornaments glow.

15. My grannies hand made ornaments she made before she passed.

16. Wrapping gifts til 2 AM and then falling asleep only to wake up at 6 AM to a phone call from my little brother telling me to hurry up and get over to his house.

17. Seeing old friends.

18. Going to the movies.

19. Eating bear claws for breakfast with coffee.

20. Knowing that Jesus is the reason for the season!


Until I blog again ~ Gal Molly

No comments: