Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

In which I break a mannequin


About 21 years ago I broke a mannequin. Oops!!! Yes I liked to play in between the clothes racks and sit and talk to the mannequins. Well one day me and my granny went to the famous Thalhimers, now if you don't what that store is it was Hetch's and now it's Macy's. We were on our weekly shopping spree and she was looking for a new frock for church. I of course was hiding in the clothes racks while she chatted with one of her friends she saw across the way. Well I thought it would be funny if I tried to shake the mannequins hand. Um well you guessed it, the mannequin went tumbling down and smashing into a million pieces. Well I went and hid and finally walked up to my granny and acted like I had did nothing of the kind. I mean there was another little kid in there running around so I thought I was in the clear. So not so, the sales clerk came and walked up to my granny and said "you know your grand daughter knocked the mannequin down?". Well my sweet granny turned to her and said " Uh no she didn't it was that kid." Yes my granny saved my hiney in public but she gave a little speech on the way home, so I learned never to play with mannequins again. Now I'm not tooting my own horn here because my granny should have whooped me but she didn't believe in that, she always took up for me and was always there for me. She was my Lady in shining armor and I was hers. I can only imagine the fun we could be having today if she were here. I hope you all have a fabulous Thursday!!!

Until I blog again ~ Gal Molly

1 comment:

Michele said...

Awwww Molly ~ such a cute story. Your Granny sounds like a wonderful woman!

Hugz,
Michele