Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Molly Pearce, girl detective




OK so you probably don't know this about me but I love Nancy Drew. I really only like children and teen books, I can't get into adult books, I just don't relate. I am now on number 8 of the Nancy Drew series, Nancy's Mysterious Letter and love it. Her books take you back into a time when everything was so simple and good, unlike today's times. I could have lived back then and loved it. I love the jargon and the description of the food and clothing back then. Nancy Drew's clothes were classic, unlike today's hoochiefied, show your ta's ta's and who ha's clothing of today. I bought on EBay a book on Carolyn Keen, the author and how Nancy Drew came to be, it's pretty interesting. My goal is to finish the series by the end of the year, since I read them in about 2 days I think it's accomplish able. The next book in the series is The Sign of The Twisted Candles, sounds spooky, I can't wait. And yes when the movie came out 2 summers ago Mike took me and my little sister to see it (because Elizabeth loves anything her big sissy does) and had a ton of fun. Mike said he was going to fall asleep but I saw him getting into it :)


Well I'm off to make Asian chicken tonight and hope that the roads clear up for tomorrow since we got 7 inches of snow last night, YAYAY, NOT!!!! Until I blog again ~ Gal Molly


P.S can't wait to to see the bachelor tonight

No comments: