Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Revealed

Last summer Mike bought Greg Laurie's book Lost Boy, his autobiography. Mike loved it and couldn't put it down, he was compelled to keep reading and finished in 2 days, I just finished in one. If you don't know who Greg Laurie is, he is an evangelist and is the soul creator of the Harvest Crusades. He is Awesome. As I was reading his book I felt as if he and Jesus were speaking to me. He writes in a way that there are no words to explain. You need to read this book, it will change your life and how you feel about your faith and make you wanna run to the hill tops and profess your faith in this Awesome God we serve and make you wanna recommit your life to Christ.
This past year has been very tough with sickness, financial loss and leaving our home church for a new one. Jesus was with us through all those times when I thought we were at the bottom of the barrel. As I read this book it made me think of how good my faith was in Jesus and how I could commit totally for him. I have struggled with all of this nonsense that our new president has made for this country. He says one thing and does another. I did not vote for him! To me he does not have the same values as I and I can't get over his wanting to put abortion onto an insurance policy. This world saddens me to no end. Teachers in California are handing out condoms to Kindergartners and are told not to address the children as boys and girls but rather say "friends". This is because if a girl wants to be a boy then you don't want to offend them. WHAT!! This is all SIN!! Most people would tell me I'm not opened minded enough. Why do I need to be opened minded to that sin and tell everyone that its OK to be gay and drink and to do bad things. Your either for Jesus or your against Jesus and I am definitely for Jesus. You can't have the best of both worlds you have to leave the empty pleasures of the world behind and comitt fully to Jesus.
I can't believe it took me almost a year to get to that book, I wish I had read it earlier. Everything happens for a reason in this life. People are put in your life for a reason, situations happen for a reason. Its not just coincidence, it's God's plan and his ultimate fate for this world and you. I will be honest, there have been days when I thought I was being punished for doing something, but that was so not the case. God puts you in situations that he knows you can handle, you might think that it is awful and that you won't make it but he is with you throughout the whole storm.
For days I have been praying and asking God what he wants me to do with this precious life he has given and I haven't gotten an answer yet. But I know it is coming and it will be something big and awesome. Back in March we went to a street fair and that's where we found the chickens. At first I thought Mike was joking but he kept telling me that there was something was telling him to get chickens and in big quantities. I was thinking yeah we are going be great at being chicken farmers. Last week received our biddies, all 25 and they are wonderful. Our coop is almost done and Mike wants to order another set of 25. I'm not sure what God wants us to do with these chickens but there's something at the end of all this that will be grand. Mike almost bought 2 goats the other day, for what reason I don't know that will come in time. This is all new to me and I have to trust in the Lord that he will guide us through this journey.
God made me pick up that book yesterday for a reason. Maybe it was to renew my faith or to commit totally to him and not worry, that he would take care of me. I still have the need of wanting to minster to others especially people battling bad habits and that came from broken homes. Maybe us getting chickens and selling the eggs is going to help us minister to those we meet. Who knows, only God.
I have deleted this post many times as so I don't offend anyone but I have thought about this post for two whole days and I know there are some people that need to read this or need Jesus in their life. He has done wonders for me and blessed me in ways I never imagined. He can do the same for you if you just let him in your heart and leave the pleasures of this world behind.
.....everyone deserted me...But the Lord stood by my side and gave me strength. - 2 Timothy 4:16-17
Until I blog again ~ Gal Molly

No comments: