Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tour de Coop

Here is my own Tour de Coop! Mike built this coop with no plans what so ever, my talented husband! As you can see the chickens were out early this morning eating and walking around. We have gotten a total of four eggs in two days, love it! I am making an ornament with the first one.
Here is Cruella deVille, Ronald named her because he thought she looked like her and really she does with her markings. She flew up there on the ladder for me to take a picture of her this morning and looked so pretty.

Here is Barbara, the black white hen (silver laced wyandotte), again Ronald named her, not sure why he thought she looked like a Barbara. In the front is Bitty, (single comb brown leghorn) pecking for corn. On the right is Daisy,(golden comet) and in the back is Betsy, another golden comet. They all came over to let me get their picture this morning, they really are sweet little chickens. Hopefully they will lay us some more eggs today. I have loved going out there looking in the coop and finding eggs, kind of like a Easter egg hunt. We have had a lot of rain in the past month so I know they are tired of trampling through mud. We rake up leaves and spread throughout the pin for them to have something to do and to not have to walk on mud.
Tomorrow I'll show you pictures of Ella and the waterfall behind my house, very pretty and soothing.
Until I blog again ~ Gal Molly


No comments: