Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dye Dipped PostCards!

Happy June 1st! Tomorrow is a special day! My baby sister turns 14,ahhhhh! So in lieu of her birthday I decided to make her a *handmade* birthday postcard. Each Wednesday I will have a new craft up for the week as part of my summer challenge to try new crafts.
Supplies: 4 x 6 blank index cards
dyes or watercolors or inks in your fave colors
a few bowls to pour your dye or ink into
paper towels or newspaper

First decide which colors you want to use. I used yellow, fuchsia, turquoise and purple. These colors mix well also. Then I laid out some newspaper for my postcards to dry on. Get out the number of bowls needed for the number of colors you are using. Pour inks or dyes into their own separate bowl. Now just dip your blank index card into the dye. If you want a darker color then leave the card in the dye longer. For a lighter color just dip the card a couple of times into the dye. Then lay flat to dry. I dipped each end in two different colors and loved it. You can now stamp designs on the front of your newly dyed postcard!
Please leave your blog addy in the comments if you make this craft so we can see your pretty dipped postcards!
~Gal Molly




No comments: