Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Gods Precious Gifts

My little brother Ronald The Best Man and my husband Mike
Me and my little sister Elizabeth


Here are some pictures of my youngest siblings. They are my world, my life and my soul. When I was in eighth grade my mom decided to become a foster parent. We housed over one hundred sweet foster children. On February 11 of 1997 a beautiful baby boy was born named Ronald. Unfortunately his mother was mentally ill and left him alone for two days. Social services came and got him and brought him to us on a cold rainy night. He only had a bottle and a onesie on, so me and my mom went to the walmart at 10:00 that night and bought him all kinds of things. We had him for a year and the courts were going to terminate his mothers rights so we decided to adopt him, but there was a twist. His mother said she had a surprise, so we met with her and saw that she was nine months pregnant. At first we didn't know what to do so we prayed about it and decided we would adopt the baby so Ronald and his sibling would not be separated. A month later we got a call saying that she had given birth to his sister Elizabeth. When we went to the hospital I fell in love with her. She was so tiny and beautiful. They told us that she was deaf and that was ok. Since she was born in a different county we had to wait for " paperwork " to be transferred, so she stayed in the hospital for about two days waiting for us. So we brought her home and started to learn sign language. Since they are on medicaid ( a plus if you adopt through the county) she could not get cochlear implants until she was two. I know about the controversy with the deaf culture about implants but if your child was blind and there was a surgery that could let them see, you would get it for them so we decided on the implants. Ronald is now twelve and Elizabeth will be eleven in two weeks. I do not know how my life would be without them, they are my life. When I got married two years ago it was very hard for me to transition from being with them daily. I cried through my entire honeymoon. I know you must think why would a sister cry over her siblings but my family is different. My mom is a single parent and I had to help her raise my siblings. I became very attached to Ronald and Elizabeth. I was in high school when we adopted them and they were my best friends. I didn't party and hang out with wild people, I hung out with them. They have given me unconditional love and friendship. Some people didn't understand why my mom would adopt two babies, but she has a heart so big, she loves everyone. Here are some pictures of Ronald and Elizabeth at my wedding. Ronald was my husbands "Best Man" and Elizabeth was the junior bride ( our dresses matched ). Ronald and Elizabeth you are my life and soul and I cherish our friendship so much. You two are so smart and beautiful and I love you with all my heart.


No comments: