Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Preparing for Lent

As I pondered last night on what to give up on my 40 day journey through Lent, I came up with a few items.
1. give up lunch ~ I don't really eat lunch anyway so why not do it
2. give up an hour of computer time ~ I spend about 2 hours on the computer a day either blogging, or checking on my web page so I am going to do all that in one hour, ( wish me luck )
3. devote more time to Christ ~ Me and Mike already have a 90 minute bible study each night together but I am going to devote a whole hour in the morning to Him with a study on Esther.
4. give up worrying (hope I spelled that right) ~ I will give all my problems to Christ and let my life be worry free. Its a sin not to trust God, so why not give him my worries. He has my life planned for me and I know he will never leave me or let me down.
5. give up my chocolate ~ I usually have a Hershey kiss a day, so I need to let that go.
I know my 5 things to give up might seem a little ridiculous but that's all I have right now. I already live a simple life, I'm not sure what else I could live without. I am sure through my 40 days of deep thought and giving of my whole self, I will find more. I would like to thank Edie of lifeingrace blog for helping me decide to participate in Lent and for uplifting me daily. Please go visit her blog for an honest and uplifting enjoyment. I cannot tell you all of how many people I have met in blog land that have touched my heart and made me a better person. So thank you to you all and thanks for being my "blog" friends.
Just a thought to ponder Proverbs 11:24,25
One man gives freely, yet gains even more. Another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.
A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.
Until I blog again ~ Gal Molly

1 comment:

cmrpaul said...

Wow! These are awesome items. Good luck and enjoy!