Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

From the kitchen of Mrs. Elizabeth Kale

I am working on a cook book of all the recipes that my granny made. I have her famous index cards that she took the time to actually type the recipes out on and are shuffling through them. I will post just a few today and when I finished the book I'll let y'all know. Now I can't spill the beans on my granny's famous chocolate icing that she made from scratch but I will give you her famous Angel biscuits.
Angel Biscuits
5 cups self rising flour
1 cup vegetable shortening
1/3 cup sugar
1 pkg yeast mixed with 1/4 cup water
2 cups buttermilk
Sift dry ingredients. Cut in shortening, add yeast and milk mixture. Knead and let set 5 minutes. Roll out, let rise 5 minutes before baking at 450 degrees. May out in refrige.
Fruit Fluffy Pie
1 can Eagle brand milk
1 9 oz carton frozen topping
1 29 oz can sliced peaches, drained
1 81/4 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped nuts
2 pie crusts
beat condensed milk and lemon juice together until well mixed, fold in whipped topping and well drained fruits. Spoon into pie crusts and chill.
My granny's recipes beat Paula Dean anytime. HEHE! All these recipes are typed word for word via her sweet little recipe cards. Enjoy!
Until I blog again ~ Gal Molly

No comments: