Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Well behaved women never make history


You know that statement is true. Many women have made history like Alice Roosevelt, Marie Antoinette, Cleopatra and so forth, you get the picture. Now I'm not saying we should all run the streets half naked and egging people's houses or do something illegal. What do you want to be remembered by or for? Maybe volunteering at the soup kitchen or reading to kids at a local school or visiting the elderly that don't have family. When my granny passed 21 years ago I remembered a ton of people at her viewing and by that I mean they were out the door, just to see my granny. My granny was GIVER and never asked for anything in return. Her friends told me of how she gave to the needy, took kids in when the orphanage was overflowing with babies, joined the army because her brother joined and thought if he can do it I know I can. That's what she was remembered for but the most of all she was remembered for her FAITH. If there is anything that I learned from her it was her faith in God. She never doubted him, NEVER. She was always reading her bible, quoting scripture and saying prayers. So you might be asking yourself "what do I want to be remembered for?" right. Well what is something that you do with no questions asked or do you volunteer your time and not gloat over it. I can honestly say that most people think of me as a sweet, giving, loving and funny person. Now I'm tooting my own horn but that's me in a nutshell. This weekend as I was reflecting on how my life is so good to me I told Mike I wanted to give back in some way. I have thought about volunteering at the soup kitchen and I am donating some craft projects to a couple of causes that tear at my heart. God is so good to me, so I need to return the favor by helping those in need and witnessing to those that do not know Christ. So if you have a small aching in your heart and don't know what it is maybe you should think about your life and how blessed you are and maybe think about giving back. You know it will make you feel better and make someone less fortunate's day. And please don't think I am doing this so when my day comes to go to heaven people can remember me of the things I did, I want them to remember the causes and reason behind them (if that makes sense).

Until I blog again ~ Gal Molly

No comments: