Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

A good story


Most nights I just fall right to sleep but then there are some nights when I love listening to a good story. When I was little my granny would have a routine in which to help me and my sis to fall asleep. First we took a bath and she would sing us a song while we got dressed called "Put your draws on Sally" ( I know funny but I love it ), then we would get all tucked into our bed and listen to the story of "Witch and Monster". Now my granny's mini series she would tell us was not scary but rather funny. Witch lived in a little house that had an apple tree in the backyard, knitting supplies and chocolate cake. Her boyfriend Monster would come pick her up every night to go eat at the Sizzler and then to bring her home where they would eat apple pie and laugh. After my granny would finish the story we would say our prayers and she would give us a big kiss and a hug. After she would leave the room me and my sis would talk and laugh about nothing and mostly play with our dolls in our huge bed we shared.
Nights when I ask Mike to tell me a story it reminds me of the stories my granny would tell and puts me right to sleep. My granny gave me my love of stories and books. I love telling a good story whether its true or fictional, there all good. There's something about hearing and telling a story that brings a childlike nostalgia to your soul.
Until I blog again ~Gal Molly

1 comment:

A Joyful Chaos said...

What a sweet post! I also have many fond memories of listening to stories as a child.

The picture with this post is too cute!