Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Five minutes down a long dirt path

This week the weather has been just beautiful. Cool breezes on cool days, sun shining brightly. Fall only a couple of weeks away and I am so excited! I live way out in the country so most times all I hear is the sweet chirping of birds, my dogs barking, my duck quacking and the crickets at night. I know there is a landing strip a few miles away, so sometimes in the afternoon I can catch the humming of a small plane. Well this morning as I was sitting on the couch sipping vanilla coffee my dogs started barking like crazy and heard what I thought was a low flying plane. I ran to the door to see and low and behold that same airplane that I hear in the afternoon was flying circles right over top of my house. I ran and got the camera and the picture up top is the shot I got, I wanted more but the pilot flew out into the fields. If you click on the picture you might be able to zoom in and see the plane. I wish he would back so I could get some more shots. I never in a million years thought I would love this laid back country life. I never thought I would have chickens and help Mike clean chicken poop. Funny how life changes. I thought last year when we moved I would miss the mall being less than 5 minutes away or running down the street to the grocery. I now drive 25 minutes to the grocery and about 45 minutes to the mall and don't miss it at all. There are two things I miss though, one my mom and the kids being only 10 minutes away and the sound of the train. I love the sound of a train. I hope this afternoon that plane comes back. It was so beautiful to watch, diving up and down. Oh and I have a peach tree that I just found last week. Only thing is the peaches were rotten so I will have to watch for when they harvest again to pick. Have a happy Thursday and come back tomorrow for some new fall goodies!
Until I blog again ~ Gal Molly

No comments: