Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My sister, in so many ways is just like Helen Keller

My babies at Elmo's Diner




This video of Helen Keller down at the bottom of my page, reminds me of my sister in so many ways. Although Elizabeth is not blind she has the struggles that Helen Keller has faced with learning new words and what they meant. It is so hard to watch Elizabeth struggle sometimes with words and wording of sentences, it just breaks my heart. But, she's a hard worker and has come really far since that day she had her surgery for her Cochlear Implants. When Helen Keller speaks in the video, Elizabeth and her sound just alike, although Elizabeth's speech is a lot clearer, they sound just the same. I love listening to Elizabeth's voice, it is so beautiful to hear her speak. There were times when we thought that she would never speak but she prevailed and let us hear her voice. God has something Big planned for her life and I have a feeling it will be with the deaf and hard of hearing. Please scroll down and watch it, Helen Keller is amazing!

Until I ramble again ~ Gal Molly











1 comment:

Michele said...

Hi Molly ~ adorable pic of your babies. Yes, God has something perfect in store for Elizabeth...

You should be proud of them both!

Hugz,
Michele