Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Prayers Needed!

Update: I don't want to speak too soon but Larry has made a miraculous recovery. His heart rate is back up and he is doing swell. Thank you for all your prayers, they are much needed and deserved.
Happy Friday Friends!


I come to you today to ask for your prayers for a sweet dear friend of mine. Seven months ago when me and Mike found our new church we fell in love with all the members. We have formed friendships that will last a lifetime. A few weeks ago our friend Larry had some heart trouble. He has a pace maker but his heart is slowly fading. He was not at church Sunday but came Wednesday night. He was so weak but in great spirits. Our Pastor asked him if he would give us a report on what the doctor said, but Larry asked the Pastor to tell us instead. As our Pastor told us that the doctors have done everything they can for him my heart was in my stomach. I wanted to run over to him and hug him and tell him how much I loved him and how much I enjoyed his jokes and how much me and Mike loved talking to him about life. Shelby his wife just hung on to him during the service. Her face showed all signs of crying, stress and fatigue. I love her! She is the epitome of sweet, giving, loving and caring. What do you say to someone that is slowly dieing? All I could do was hug him and Shelby and tell them how much I loved them and would be praying for them and that if they needed anything to call me and would be there. This is just how close our church family is. So I am asking all of my friends to please pray for Larry and Shelby, they need it desperately. I pray God brings us peace, calmness and love.
~ Gal Molly

2 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm so sorry about that rotten news. My prayers are with your friend and his family.

mysteryhistorymom said...

Molly- I am so glad to hear that Larry is doing well! God is so good! Lori