Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Yummy Monday ~ Nancy Drews Favorite Dish


A new addition to the blog is going to be Yummy Monday's where I will post what I an having for dinner that night and a story that goes with the recipe.


Tonight's scrumptious dinner is featured from one of my favorite book series, Nancy Drew. I love reading her adventures and wished life was simple and like that again. One of Nancy's favorite dishes to eat is Chicken and Rice Casserole. And when it is described in the book it sounds delish, actually all the food sounds delish in her books. So here's how to make Nancy's favorite dish:

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

1 can cream of chicken, cream of mushroom or cream of celery

1 cup of uncooked, long grain rice

1 3/4 cups of water

salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix rice, soup, water and salt and pepper in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Place chicken breasts on top. Cover with foil and seal tightly around edges. Bake for 1 hour or until done.

Hope you enjoy Nancy's favorite dish tonight!

Until I ramble again ~ Gal Molly

1 comment:

mysteryhistorymom said...

You know I adore this, Molly! I am getting ready to host a Nancy Drew class this session for our home school group! Can you stand it??!!! I am so excited! It will help to take my mind off the surgery.:) Part of the class will be cooking and this recipe sounds perfect! I have my Nancy Drew cookbook somewhere and need to get it out. Thanks for starting me on recipes.:) I will try and get a swap organized soon. We all had such fun last year!!!:) Lori

Thank you SO much for your prayers, Molly. They mean the world to me. I cannot tell you how much better I feel knowing that I have an army of prayer warriors and God is on my side.:)