Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Best Ever Beef Stew

Is this blog turning into a food blog or what!? I just have to tell you about this stew it is to*die*for! I have never made beef stew and thought I would put my own twist on this old fashioned recipe. Hope my groom likes it!
You need:
1 pound of stew beef
6 cups of water (maybe adding a cup or two after it has *stewed* for a while)
1 tablespoon of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of honey
1 packet of Lipton onion soup mix
4 medium potatoes chopped
a handful of baby carrots chopped into little rounds
salt & pepper to taste
Get your crock pot out and set on low while throwing your items in. First I put my Lipton Onion soup mix into the crock pot, then added my meat. Then I added as I chopped the carrots and potatoes. After you have added those items, you need to add your 6 cups of water, tablespoon of all purpose flour, teaspoon of honey and salt & pepper. Then I stirred it until it was mixed well. Now I turned my crock pot on high for three hours and then I will set it on low for the next couple of hours. You could always add blackened corn and onions to the mix for a uptown flavor. Hmmmm might go do that now :)
Happy cooking ~ Gal Molly

No comments: