Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Little Naked Hen

Meet Naked! Yes you read that right Naked! My sweet little hen that does not have a lot of feathers. She roams the yard with orange bird you see there in the first picture. She is so sweet and always meets me in the morning by the gate with a little chicken smile!
Here she is *grazing* with Dottie and Little Red Hen this morning. Yes I know I have funny names for my chicks but they are my babes and I love 'em! You see where there is no feathers on her left wing, well that is why she is named Naked and she seems to love it! Each of my 24 hens has a name and they definitely look and act like their name... if that makes sense.

There goes Naked walking by Midge, Millie and Madge taunting the Silkie's with being able to roam today. The Silkie's are going to have babies and need to roost on their eggs. Oh I can't wait for them to hatch! This will be our first *delivery*, ha ha! I am so in love with my life right now! At night I get to watch the *magic* on my farm with the lighting bugs flickering their mid summer night's dream lights and listen to the owls hoot in the woods. In the mornings I get to hear my roosters crow and watch a beautiful sunrise. Life is beautiful and I thank God everyday for letting me live this beautiful life of mine and getting to share it with the most amazing man I have ever known. The farm... it's a magical place to live!
~Gal Molly



No comments: