Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

13 Days of Halloween

Happy Tuesday! There are only 13 days until Halloween and with that said how about a scary story, in true life!
When I was in 5th grade my best friend forever Norine, had a sleepover for her birthday. She lived about 3 blocks from my house, which was convenient since we loved to play Barbies and eat spaghetti, only using the Classico sauce. Anyways, her house had a basement, where her washer and dryer lived. It was dark, damp, musty and creepy. She always told me she would hear the stairs creaking at night and sometimes the metal doorknob would jiggle. OK I'm already getting a little freaked out and I'm 30! So the day came for her sleepover and I was really excited. We were going to eat pizza and popcorn, of course cake and watch scary movies. Well as all the friends were arriving it was getting to be dusk. Oh, me and Norine have the same birthday month, September, so that's one of the reasons we are BFF's, plus we love each other. Dusk settled into night and we began the birthday festivities. First was pizza and man was I hungry, ha ha. Then we had cake and she opened her presents. That year I gave her a really pretty velvet headband that I wanted to keep so my mom bought me one too. I also gave her some sparkly earrings that she loved. After the presents were opened, we all changed into PJ's and got settled in her living room with sleeping bags and only the lamp on. I made Norine let me sleep next to her because I knew I was gonna get freaked out by the scary movies.
We started off by watching a movie about a blind woman and some man trying to kill her, it was scary and funny at the same time. About the time the movie was getting really suspenseful we heard something. We thought it was the movie so we didn't think much of it. A few minutes later we heard the same noise again, a creaky, someone might be walking the stairs noise. We paused the movie and set in silence. I can picture about 10 5th grade girls sitting scared in the dark, it makes me giggle. Then all of a sudden her dad busts in the living room and scares the sweetness right out of us. I couldn't sleep all night and I knew I would have to wake up early to beautify myself before we went roller skating.
To this day me and Norine still do not know if it was her dad making the noise or the ghost living in her basement.
Come back tomorrow for another true life haunting tale!
~Gal Molly

No comments: