Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

I heart Elizabeth and Ronald



Elizabeth and Ronald how I love thee....... My sweet little brother and sister. My little sister Elizabeth is so cute, when she found out that I was making baby clothes and what nots for my Etsy page, Fattycake Designs, she decided to jump on the band wagon too. Elizabeth is 11 and has a God given talent in art and dance. She is deaf and I believe that if God takes one of your five senses he makes the other four stronger. Her etsy page, Summer Pig Designs will be launching the same week as mine. So you will have to stop by and see her creations, I love them and I know you will too. My baby brother Ronald is also doing some new things this fall as well. Ever since he could talk he has wanted to be a jewel smith, he loves anything that glitters and shimmers. This fall he is learning all of the stones and their origins. He has promised me a handmade piece of jewelry for Christmas, I can't wait to see what his little hands create.


On another note yesterday was 9/11 as many of you know and I just didn't feel like posting anything sad so I talked about Ella and Charlie my ducks. But last night I watched some very sad unseen footage of that fateful day and it made me think of where I was when it happened. I had just dropped my little brother off at school and was on my way to my mom's salon and heard that a plane had hit one of the towers. I was very confused and wondered why that had happened and as I arrived at the salon my friend Llewellyn called and told me everything. I was scared and thought that the world was coming to an end. Well about an hour after it happened school was let out so I went and picked up Ronald and Elizabeth( she was at our church daycare) and went home. Ronald was asking all sorts of questions and I was trying to answer them as best as I could to a six year old. Yesterday Ronald asked if I knew what today was and I said yes it's 9/11. He then said "Molly you know when you picked me up from school and then we got Lizzy from church I felt safe with you and never wanted you to leave my side". Well I started crying and asked him why he had not told me and he replied "because I knew you would cry". He also did not know that most of the fire fighters had died, he thought they had been rescued. Isn't it amazing how little children can sense emotions and know when something horrible has happened but they still have that innocence about them.


Most of you don't know but I mostly raised my brother and sister so we have a special bond that most people do not understand. I love them like they were my own children, I know that sounds weird but I do. My mom was a foster parent and we got Ronald and Elizabeth as babies so I know all about the night feedings, diaper changing and caring for them. Sometimes I look back and think how my life would have been if we had not adopted them and I say nope I would not change a thing.


Have a wonderful weekend!!!


Until I blog again ~ Gal Molly

3 comments:

heidi said...

Hi Molly, You must have me confused, I am not putting that together (nie nie project) though it sounds wonderful! I am truly inspired by her.
Have a great day. This post was so nice to read. It sounds like you have a very wonderful family that is close and tight knit.

artsyclay said...

Aw, what beautiful children and how lucky they are to have such a sweet big sister!

Rebekah said...

What a sweet post! God definitely shows His fingerprints in each child!