Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!!

One of my favorite pictures of us just being casual at my wedding.
She wanted our dresses to match at my wedding, luckily the designer that made my dress made the matching junior bride's dress to match. Love my little babe!!!!

One of my favorite pictures of her as a baby.


This February at Ronald's play Seussical.



Last summer at her recital at the Carolina theater. Her and Ronald being their normal funny selves.




Twelve years ago a teenie tiny baby was born. We rushed to the hospital and saw the beauty that waited us. We took her home ten days later and fell in love. She wore preemie diapers and drank from a preemie bottle, she was just too cute for words. A few months later we enrolled her into a deaf and hard of hearing preschool and started taking Sign Language classes. She learned very fast and it was so precious to watch her little fingers Sign to us. She was a messy baby to be such a beautiful baby, HA HA. She always got food all over her, played in the mud pies her and Ronald would make and loved playing in a big pile of sugar and milk (very fun to clean up!!). When she was two she got her first cochlear implant, our local paper did a story on her. The day she heard for the first time was breath taking. Her little face lit up with excitement and fear. She had never heard anything before this day, ultimately she cried and we took the aid off. That was the beginning of our long journey into speech therapy, learning Cued Speech and many, many doctors appointments. She now has two cochlear implants and talks your head off, I wouldn't trade it for anything. It wasn't an easy process, there were times that we thought she wouldn't talk or Sign again to us. But the Lord knew what he was doing and guided us in the right direction.





I am so happy to have had the privilege of being her big sister these twelve years and look forward to many more. I love you my Lizzie loo bug!!





Until I blog again ~ Gal Molly
P to the S. Rumor has it that cupcakes were delivered to school and a turkey and cheese sub from Subway was devoured for lunch! Tonight dinner at Red Robin for the little chapette and bowling on Saturday :)

1 comment:

Michele said...

Oh Molly ~ what a beautiful story! She is definitely a cutie pie!

Thank you so much for my package...I love the earrings and am wearing a pair today at work!

Hugz,
Michele