Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

And 4 Little Chicky's Went Up to Heaven

( My sweet little Powder Puff as a wee tot, oh I miss you )
At 6:30 this morning a mean hungry owl came in and took four of my most beloved chickens, Chirpy, Patsy, Powder Puff and Georgia. I will not go into details but the crime scene is ugly. Chirpy put a grave fight to save the others. My favorite chicken, Patsy put up a fight too. They will be greatly missed! I am so glad I took pictures of them when they were wee tots. They were almost ready to lay eggs and to think these precious four never made it.

Sorry if you think this is lame, but I seriously loved my little chickens and hand trained them to eat out of my hand and to let me hold them. The eight that are left, are walking around the coop mourning I just know. They are all together in their little coop just looking out.

Well I need to go and help Mike bury them. Looks like we will be getting four more tomorrow to replace the ones lost.

Until I blog again ~ A sad Gal Molly

1 comment:

Michele said...

Oh honey, I'm soooo sorry. I don't think it's lame at all...I get so attached to animals. Is there any way to protect them from preditors?

What cute names you gave them...glad you're getting more tomorrow!

Have a great weekend!
Hugz,
Michele