Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Silo Tutorial

Happy Friday! We are hunkering down for NC's winter storm of 2010! If you live in the south one inch of snow will shut down EVERYTHING! And the grocery stores will be packed, ha ha! But ya gotta love it. As promised here is my version of how to make a silo brooch. First you need to find a template of your choice. There are many sites out there that you can find a sweet template.
Then I like to pin mine to a piece of felt (any color of course) and cut away. Cut out two so you can use one to embellish and one to sew your pin back to.

After you have cut out your template this is what it should look like.


Then I take one piece of the felt that will be the back and sew on my flat pin back. That way you don't have to figure out how to cover up the stitches on the front. Then you could stitch it together by going around the outline or you could use embroidery floss and just sew through the two pieces when embellishing, you choose.



And this is what she should look like when finished. This is one I made over Christmas and she needs some more "jewels".
Happy weekend!
Until I ramble again ~ Gal Molly
P.S If you would like me to make one of your child I can, just email me and we will sort out all of the details.





No comments: