Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Yummy Mondays~ Marinated Cucumbers

Happy Monday friends! We are snowed in with a whopping six inches! I love NC, because we not only get hurricanes but snow, ha ha! Best of both worlds I guess! Today's yummy Monday recipe seemed only fitting for today since I am cooped up inside and wishing spring were here. I give you, Marinated Cucumbers! Oh these are so deleesh, so summery! I made some last week. All you do is take one cucumber and slice it up. Then in a medium sized bowl add equal parts vinegar and mayonnaise and mix. It will still be lumpy but that's OK. Now add you cucumber to the mixture and let marinate in the fridge for a few hours. This tastes great with burgers or to just nibble on. To me this recipe is very southern, my granny would have these at every meal along with sliced tomatoes and her famous cornbread (fried in a pan, ooohhh yummy). Every time I eat these I remember summer nights gathered around the table eating and laughing and talk about the day. Love how food always brings you back to special memories!
Until I ramble again ~ Gal Molly

2 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Cucumber and tomato salad...cucumber tea sandwiches...cucumber anything and I'm eating it! Those sound delicious!

Michele said...

Almost sounds like what my mom used to make...cuke, oil, vinegar, a little water, salt/pepper....oh yummy!

My daughter eats everything...then drinks the dressing...oh my, I wonder if she's mine!

Hugz,
Michele