Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Yummy Mondays ~ The Sweet Potato

Oh I love me some sweet potatoes! I can remember when I was little me and my granny cooking them and eating them lunch, dinner, snacks, really whenever. I got my great Southern cooking skills from my granny, she taught me everything I know! She made everything from scratch and I mean everything. Her yellow cake with chocolate icing is to die for!
OK so on to the sweet potato. This weekend we were at the feed store and they had some local produce out in front, I went nuts. I love supporting my local farmers around me, I love people supporting me and Mike's poultry farm :) Anyone want any eggs? So I bought a few potatoes and decided we would have them last night with our steaks. I have a couple recipes that I will share with you that remind me of granny when I cook them :)
Cinnamon Sugar Cheese Sweet Potato
(granny would be proud of the recipe name, ha ha)
OK all you need is a couple of potatoes
Cinnamon Sugar
Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
Sour cream
Sweet Cream Butter
Bake your potatoes for an hour (sometimes I cook mine for about an hour and 15 minutes just to make sure they are done) at 400 degrees. Let cool a few minutes, then add your butter and Cinnamon Sugar. Then add your grated cheese and some sour cream.
Cinnamon Sugar Sweet Potato Fry's
You will need:
4 to 6 sweet potatoes, sliced long ways
cinnamon sugar
sunflower oil
salt & pepper
Slice your sweet potatoes long ways and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle a little bit of sunflower oil over top. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar and salt & pepper over top. Now bake until done at 350 degrees. You can tell your Fry's are done when they get a little bit crispy. Now enjoy with a hamburger or a sub sammie.
* Gal Molly

No comments: