Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hush...Puppies

I am alive, if you guys were wondering :) I have been slaving away making a ton of jewelry orders, which is a Good thing! I make these shimmery beaded cuff bracelets that take forever and a day to make and I have 7 of them to make by Friday! Luckily I only have 2 left to make! I am taking a small break this morning from them to let you know I'm still here and to give you all a fabulous recipe I found in my granny's recipe box. She typed each and every recipe out on recipe cards and I love looking at her handwriting on the side of them with her little notes. She was a fabulous cook and puts Paula Dean to shame, if I might say so myself, I mean my granny made everything from scratch and I mean everything! I could go for a piece of her yellow cake with chocolate icing right now! Ok on to her recipe, hush puppies. If you are from the south then you know what hush puppies are. Oh they are to die for! You eat them with Bee Bee Q (BBQ), fried fish and Brunswick stew. This recipe is super easy so go on and make them and please don't count calories!
Hush Puppies
From the Kitchen of.... Elizabeth Kale
1 cup corn meal
1 cup flour
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of baking soda
buttermilk, enough to make a soft batter
Sift dry ingredients together, beat in egg, add buttermilk to make soft batter. Drop by teaspoons into deep hot fat.
Please enjoy this recipe, it is so good and if my granny were here I am sure she would bake me that yellow cake with chocolate icing just because I am the apple of her eye, or so she said :) Have I ever mentioned that my granny named me, oh yes she did. She told me I looked like a Molly Elizabeth and thats how I got my name. Off to make the last 2 cuff bracelets!
~ Gal Molly

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What? No pictures of these cuffs? :)