Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Evening Magic on the Farm

If you had told me two years ago that I would be living on a farm and totally loving it, I would have laughed in your face. In the past year our life has become so simple, humble and meaningful. The joy I get from watching my chickens roam the yard, my goose walking up the porch knocking on the door for bread or watching my two new baby ducks take a bath in their kiddie pool brings so much happiness to my heart. My life has more meaning than someones that needs to buy stuff, have what the Jone's have or trying to live up to others standards. The only standards I live up to are God's! And that has more meaning than anything this world could ever give.
At dusk when me and Mike are putting the chickens up in their coops to roost, it gets magical. The wind blows cool air, the sky gets pink and coral, the owl family hoots in the woods and the lighting bugs come out. When it starts to get darker it looks like little twinkling lights everywhere, under the trees, around the garden and off in the distance. I love this time of day, it makes me feel that much happier to know I get to live this magical, joyful life God has blessed me with.
In the barn we have a radio set to Klove in the evenings so we can listen to beautiful music while we work in the barn and put up the animals for the night. If you have not heard of Klove, it is a christian radio station that plays the most beautiful music I have ever heard. I haven't listened to secular music in months! Nothing like praising Jesus through music!
My friend Becky is hosting an Esther party for the youth girls tomorrow night! I have made some pretty flower brooches and girly bible book marks for the girls. We get to dress up fancy like Queen Esther and we are going to eat a Mediterranean meal and watch the movie. I can't wait to spend time with these girls. I have never spent a night away from my husband so I hope I don't get homesick and make him come pick me up. He means just that much to me!
I hope the Lord blesses each of yours day!
~Gal Molly

2 comments:

Michele said...

Sounds awesome...I would so love to live on a farm!

Hope you enjoy your night with the girls...sounds like a blast!

Hugz,
Michele

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You make farm life sound positively dreamy!

p.s. Thank you so much for following BonBon Rose Girls. We just got our own .com, so I'll hope you'll follow us there too at: http://www.bonbonrosegirls.com
We are having giveaways galore this month in celebration of our move. Right now we've a pair of House of Harlow earrings and a Kate Spade ring up for grabs right now! Hugs, K