Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Handmade Silo Brooch and Lip Balm Swap


Happy Wednesday Friends! I have been wanting to host another swap

for a while now so I thought a silo swap was perfect.

I put together a few details last night to get us started. Lip balm and

a silo brooch of your choice, plus a surprise for her to wear with her silo brooch to swap! Of course we will need to ask our partner what fave flavor lip balm they adore but the silo is up to you. All these great silo's came from the Graphics Fairy's blog, but I am sure you can find more if you don't like these beauties.


You can embellish them to your hearts content. You can add rhinestones, embroidery floss, sequins, buttons, ribbon, feathers, lace, whatever you and your partner decide on. Please make sure that your brooch is sturdy enough to be worn, as I know your partner will want to wear hers proudly. I made these silo brooches for Christmas and they were a hit! I am going to put some in my new shop this month. I made mine out of felt but you could use any fabric or medium you like.

You also need to include a surprise that your partner would wear with her brooch, like a pair of earrings, charm bracelet, hair pin.



You could make this Marie into a beautiful silo and adorn her with the finest of embellishments.
Here is what I need from you:
fave colors, fave lip balm flavor, silo you would like to have made, dislikes, whether you prefer earrings, bracelet or hair pin for your surprise and of course your mailing address.
Please send all info to me at mikemolly10805@aol.com
Swap sign ups end on Wednesday January 13. You will get all your partners info from me on the 14Th.
Swap packages are to be beautifully packaged and sent out by February 14Th! This gives you a full month to create a beautiful brooch for your partner.

Until I ramble again ~ Gal Molly
P.S. Feel free to use the button up top for your sidebar!

No comments: